SC - viking age porridge

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Wed Mar 15 10:59:16 PST 2000

How much pease and how much barley you put in depends on a] how much of
each you've got in reference to what you need of either for other
purposes and b] how much you like if you have enough to make that choice.
 Simmer in water in a kettle at the back of the fire pit all night.  Stir
in some milk from the morning's milking.  I (my family) always adds the
milk to the pea soup just before serving.  Make enough.  Cook until done.
 Salt would be good, too.

Since you salt water for cooking, why can't you use sea water, that is
already salted?  Sea salt is supposed to be good for you, judging by its
trendy, high price.  Except, 'they' always say you'll go insane if you
drink sea water.  ?????????????

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com