SC - viking age porridge

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 16 06:39:37 PST 2000

>Dunno who "they" is, but if sea water is your only source of liquid, >the
>salts will be concentrated in your system, and it will eventually >kill
>you.

Yeah, it causes the cells in your body to give up their water to
compensate for the sudden shift in salinity, so it actually dehydrates
you and makes your cells burst.  Extreme dehydration can lead to
various stuff like hallucinations and other psychomanae.

>Sea water will not harm you in small doses if you have a normal >intake of
>fresh water, else I'd have been long since dead, >considering that every
>time I go to the beach, I wind up drinking >about a gallon or
>two................

Yeah, I'd be in the same boat...but I kept thinking as a kid
the "fish and crabs poo in that water"

Cadoc
Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG
Shire of Abhainn Ciach Ghlaiss

"She thinks I'm iron man that I don't feel pain
I don't understand why joy must be vain
I'm so fortunate but filled with self hate
But the mirror shows the alien race"

     "World Coming Down" -- Type O Negative