SC - Evolution of food-genetics of food

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at home.com
Thu Mar 16 07:15:35 PST 2000

- --=====================_412212469==_.ALT

At 07:30 AM 3/16/00 -0500,RichSCA at aol.com said something like:
>To you (really) believe that the high-yield produce that we get in the
>grocery stores today are just like they were before modern science "improved
>them".  i.e.  The huge red apples, oranges, carrots, beets, etc.  Do you
>think the flavor is just the same?
>
>Now my Uncle (before he died was in charge of the University of Arizona's
>Farm in Mesa, Arizona) he worked on improving various strains of stuff
>(mostly citrus) But I remember that he did have this THING for "ancient
>seeds" and grew stuff in his home garden.
>
>Rayne - just wondering (and, who will sometime this morning dig up that Food
>in Art book and look at the pictures again)

Along with that, have you seen all the screaming regarding "genetic
engineering" of food??? All these people who want NOTHING to do with food
that has been *GASP* TINKERED WITH!!

Well, then what the **** have these people been putting in their salad all
their lives? The tomatoes, the carrots, even LETTUCE for pity's sake, NONE
of that stuff was in that form in period. *snort*

Oh well, let's not disturb their pleasant little dreams that they are
eating completely natural stuff as nature intended.

Regards,
Maggie MacD.
- --=====================_412212469==_.ALT

At 07:30 AM 3/16/00 -0500,RichSCA at aol.com said something like:<br>
produce that we get in the <br>
grocery stores today are just like they were before modern science
"improved <br>
them".  i.e.  The huge red apples, oranges, carrots,
beets, etc.  Do you <br>
think the flavor is just the same? <br>
Now my Uncle (before he died was in charge of the University of Arizona's
Farm in Mesa, Arizona) he worked on improving various strains of
stuff  <br>
(mostly citrus) But I remember that he did have this THING for
"ancient <br>
seeds" and grew stuff in his home garden.    <br>
Rayne - just wondering (and, who will sometime this morning dig up that
Food <br>
in Art book and look at the pictures again)</blockquote><br>
Along with that, have you seen all the screaming regarding "genetic
engineering" of food??? All these people who want NOTHING to do with
food that has been *GASP* TINKERED WITH!!<br>
Well, then what the **** have these people been putting in their salad
all their lives? The tomatoes, the carrots, even LETTUCE for pity's sake,
NONE of that stuff was in that form in period. *snort* <br>
Oh well, let's not disturb their pleasant little dreams that they are
eating completely natural stuff as nature intended.<br>
Regards,<br>
Maggie MacD.</html>