SC - Birthdays and Daffy Dills

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Mar 17 20:38:58 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/17/00 11:12:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Brucianna at washcoll.edu writes:

<<  I'm thinking of the orange/yellow flower with
 the streaks of color down the center of the petal, saffron colored
 pollen.  Tastes like fresh lettuce.  Anyone have any clue what I'm
 talking about? >>

Crocus? So far as I know only the fall blooming saffron crocus is 'edible.'
However, all crocus' contain varying amounts of toxins. But then, so do beets
and apples and peaches and carrots. I would look up the specific plant to be
safe.

Ras