SC - Re: Allison's question

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Fri Mar 17 22:49:10 PST 2000

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000 19:14:00 EST Devra at aol.com writes:
>And Lady Allison asked:  What shall I buy from you this Pennsic,
>Devra?
>
>To which I reply --umm--
>
>    Robert May's Accomplish't Cook (ugliest green cover ever!)

My 'May' cover is a nice French Vanilla Ice Cream color.

>    Scully's Neapolitan Cuisine

I just bought that from you!  Recommended, for those who don't have it,
yet!

>    C Anne Wilson's Book of Marmalade

all sweets?

>    Of Breeds & Butchers (as seen at Food Conference in CO)

>    Of Fooles & Fricassees (catalog of Folger exhibit)

Any recipes?

>    Hannah Glasse's Art of Cookery Made Plain & Simple

Sounds familiar, but Isn't she post-1600?

>    French Renaissance Cookery -SCA CA #102?

Why buy Scadian when you have the originals?

>    Perry's Medieval Arabic Food (possibly scheduled for summer)

Is this similar to his work in Cariadoc's volumes?

>    Making Wild Wines

a maybe

>    History of Japanese Food (maybe)

also a maybe

>Anyone interested in a book of modern Croatian cooking?
>Devra the Baker, who is falling asleep over a hot computer...
>Devra Langsam
>www.poisonpenpress.com
>devra at aol.com

Regards,