SC - Period recipes/Adapting recipes Was: Lady Seaton's Project

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Sat Mar 18 11:48:28 PST 2000

Francesca,

>>Could I not say this was an  adaptation from (name of source) and note
that this pie was sweetened with  fructose, or honey and orange juice or
aspartame to accommodate those  unable to eat refined sugar?<<

Please say it before serving it, so that those of us who might know that
normally "Saracen Pie' [or whatever] is a favorite would know to skip it
because of the aspartame.

In that case, I'd make one pie with aspartame for your mother, Margaret
and some others, and make all the other pies as specified.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com