SC - pewter casting & multiple feasts

Gwynydd of Culloden Gwynydd_of_Culloden at freemail.com.au
Sun Mar 19 08:55:21 PST 2000

- ------------APFM24529480

Unto the Gathered Cooks does Gwynydd offer her hearty apologies for the following confusion:

At 2000-03-19 05:49:12.578000,
allilyn at juno.com wrote:
> I never thought of 'tea' as being necessesary for a feast, but it
> would
> be in Lochac and the Isles, of course!  Tell us about it, Gwynydd.
>  What
> time do you have feast if you have tea?  What gets served at tea?
> Is
> feast smaller because of tea?  What sort of costs, and ever in
> feast fee
> or usually separate?  Educate your colonial cousins!

I meant the meal between lunch and (just to confuse our American friends) supper (which is, of course, only biscuits and a cup of hot cocoa!).  I did not mean morning, afternoon, or even high tea.  Perhaps I should have said dinner?  I meant the main meal of the day, if that meal is not eaten at noon.

I think that as an impressionable teenager I read too many "rattling good school stories" set in the "jolly hockey sticks" style of English boarding school for girls.  I am, in fact, one of those "colonial cousins", being an Australian, but I am always being mistaken for a Pom - and now you know why!  (I actually suspect that I am having my leg pulled and the mickey taken with this post!)

Gwynydd (Scuttling for the refuge of afternoon tea in the Games Mistress's Study)

 Send Amazing Cards FREE by e-mail with
 FREE e-Gift and FREE decoration:
 www.mini-card.com/index.asp?referer=fm1
 Get your own free email account at
 http://www.freemail.com.au/ now part of the
 Webuser.com.au independent portal. Visit at…
 http://www.webuser.com.au
- ------------APFM24529480--