SC - CURRIED VER DE TERRE AND PEA SOUFFLE-OP

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Mar 21 04:19:10 PST 2000

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

>  CURRIED VER DE TERRE AND PEA
>                    SOUFFLE
>
>   In a saucepan heat one cup of milk and stir in 1/4 cup
>   of grated fresh coconut and 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar.
>   Let the mixture cool. In 1/4 cup butter sauce saute
>   lightly one small onion, grated. Add one clove of
>   chopped garlic and cook. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons curry
>   powder and gradually add the coconut mixture. Cook
>   the entire mixture for about 10 minutes more, then add
>   3 tablespoons flour mix to a paste with milk. Cook five
>   more minutes, and allow to cool slightly. In another pan
>   beat 4 egg yolks well and add curry sauce gradually
>   while stirring. Mix in one cup of drained small cooked
>   peas and one cup of prepared ver de terre cut in 1/2
>   inch lengths. Fold in 4 stiffly beaten egg whites, and
>   season with salt and pepper. Turn mixture into a
>   buttered souffle dish and bake souffle in a 375° oven
>   for 40 minutes.
>  -George H. Lewis, Stockton, Cal.

I dunno, Ras, I don't hold with all this exoticism. This seems a little
too weird for me. I liked the simple, homy warmth of the worm recipes
from St. Paul, Minnesota. Good, American worm cookery, not these foreign fripperies.

I bet it's hard to digest, too. Maybe some Tang with that?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com