SC - Gulf War A&S

Mike Young uther at lcc.net
Wed Mar 22 14:02:48 PST 2000

A A&S competitions may not be my cup of
>tea but I fully encourage and assist those who do enter.

I AM sorry when I hear of the bad experiences some have had with food
entries in A&S...here is Ansteorra I have received a great deal of support
and encouragment.  People are generally receptive to new dishes and I've
never met with anyone who was in any way rude or discouraging in
Competition.

>I may be doing Steppes Artisan! Cooking a feast for people who are interested
>in authenticity! You're welcome to come along if I get the bid.

When and where?

>I was thinking of doing a class for King's College but I'll step back and
just
>attend if there are several cooking classes. I need to learn stuff.

There can NEVER be enough food classes:-)  Besides, mine will be very basic
stuff...How are you at subtlty?  Boy, could I use some practice there!  I'd
also like to know more about the theory of humors, the preservation of food
in the middle ages and you could do a fabulous job (and service to the
Kingdom) presenting a class on recipes and organization for a period (or
close to period) feast for a large group.  You could even work up plans for
that personal 40 person feast you talked about and present that.
Just a few ideas.  I want to GO to some classes as well as present and I'm
a sucker for food:-)