SC - new book

Gwynydd of Culloden Gwynydd_of_Culloden at freemail.com.au
Wed Mar 22 15:26:23 PST 2000

- ------------APFM24955930

When you take delivery of this book, please could you let us all know what it is like and whether it is a "must have"?

BTW, on a similar subject - I have no medieval cookbooks in my oversized cookbook collection.  Could the good gentles on this list put forward their ideas for a good (and still available!) first cookbook - I only read English and am by no means ready to start redacting my own recipes.  I have a particular interest in confectionary, and do not do pastry (at all! ever! I have been known to wreck pre-made, pre-rolled pastry, and anyway I don't presently have a working oven - and probably won't for at least 6 months!)

Many thanks
Gwynydd (West Kindom(

At 2000-03-23 03:15:26.546001,
Mary Morman (memorman at oldcolo.com) wrote:
> i've ordered it, and seen some reviews.  it is a discussion, with
> lots of
> photos, of king henry vii's time at hampton court and uses
> household
> records to talk about food, purchases, staff, etc.  supposed to be
> VERY
> good.
>
> elaina
>

> On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Mike  Young wrote:
>
> > Someone just wrote me with a good review of a fairly new book
> called"All
> > the Kings Cooks".  It seems to be more of a what-was-what rather
> than
> > primarily a cook book.  Has anyone read this and could tell us
> more?
> > thanks,
> > gwyneth

> SCA-Cooks".

> SCA-Cooks".

> =========

 Send Amazing Cards FREE by e-mail with
 FREE e-Gift and FREE decoration:
 www.mini-card.com/index.asp?referer=fm1
 Get your own free email account at
 http://www.freemail.com.au/ now part of the
 Webuser.com.au independent portal. Visit at…
 http://www.webuser.com.au
- ------------APFM24955930--