SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #2035

Phil Anderson phil at spis.co.nz
Thu Mar 23 16:27:04 PST 2000

A few days back, in a digest I just got round to reading, Maire wrote:

> Our group, as a whole, is known for several cooks who produce _largely_
> period feasts.  We get the same sorts of comments on period vs non-period
> in our Kingdom as does everyone elsewhere, it seems. [...]

Not quite everywhere - the attitude that period food in general is
weird and yucky seems to be utterly unknown here. We serve
mediaeval food as a matter of course and our picky eaters are no
more picky about it than about mundane food, as far as I can tell.
(Even menus droits got several positive comments when I served
them as an experiment.)

Edward Long-hair
Southron Gaard, Caid (mundanely southern New Zealand)