SC - Food Attitude

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Mar 23 21:58:32 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/23/00 7:24:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, phil at spis.co.nz
writes:

<< Not quite everywhere - the attitude that period food in general is
 weird and yucky seems to be utterly unknown here.  >>

This is the same in Aethelmearc and a good portion of the East Kingdom. I
tend to think that period is 'weird' is regional and not a general attitude
held by a majority of people. However, a vocal minority can make the problem
seem larger than it actually is. For instance, the statement that 'fighters'
are more prone to reject period food is a myth, at least ion my neck of the
woods. The fighters here are very supportive of A & S and make it clear that
they are disappointed if the feast is not a reasonable attempt at period food
(or at least the fighters that have taken the time to pre-register for the
feast). :-)

Ras