SC - Food Attitude

margali margali at 99main.com
Mon Mar 27 17:30:32 PST 2000

I agree with Papa Gunthar.

I had the opportunity to have 2 champions fight for my honor in the past
5 years. Both of them were quite different. The first was what many
people would consider quirky. He appreciated that I could squire him
into and out of armor, and could work on both armor and weapons for him
while he was fighting-that way he knew his spares were kept in good
condition. He wasnt much for conversation during the touney. He liked
feedback on how his fighting was[especially if he did anything that
could be considered slightly less than full honor-which can happen in
the adrenaline rush of combat.] He wanted the lemonaid/iced tea mix
sweetened slightly with sugar but cut to about 25% of normal strength,
and  no food until after.

My most current champion is almost a complete opposite. He is friendly
and chatty, likes to have plenty of gatoraid or lemonaid and things like
bread, cheese, fruit and veggies and dip.

I find that if I just bring along a full dayboard of lots of different
goodies in moderate amounts, my fighter friends come and graze what they
feel that they like/need. They are happy, and I am happy that they are
having a good event. I take responsibility for feeding my peculiar
dietary needs, and make sure that my household and associates are taken
care of, and that is ok by me!

margali

Your day board sounds wonderful and should mainly be directed at the
populace in general. Fighters will either not eat or will provide their
own.