SC - Feeding Fighters

RichSCA at aol.com RichSCA at aol.com
Tue Mar 28 04:06:31 PST 2000

Some fighters want and need to eat before they fight, but sometimes the
logistics just don't work out for them (without some prior planning).   They
wake up, wash, dress get out on the field for armor inspection... which goes
on and on and on... they they figure they might as well just stay there and
fight pick-ups or wait for the list to start.

For these fighters, when I was autocrat (and sometimes as the Event Cook) we
offered "Breakfast on the Field".   Had pita bread filled with scrambled egg,
cheese, onions, bacon (or a combination of some) and wrapped them in foil.
Sent them out to the field, at Armor Inspection time, via helpful teenagers
with baskets that also carried fresh fruit and water.  (oftentimes armor
inspection starts 1-2 hours before the List so seldom is one eating and
rushing onto the field)   I always got great feedback from the fighters and
their support groups for this.  :-)

Rayne
(Meridies)

In a message dated 3/27/00 5:27:23 PM Central Standard Time,