SC - don't cringe too bad....

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue Mar 28 23:45:20 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/28/00 11:31:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

> Adamantius said:
>  > Whether it is true or not I couldn't say, but it's been rumored that
>  > Japanese branches of McDeath will fry certain menu items in a form of
>  > fish oil.
>
>  I don't believe this is true. Quite the opposite in fact. I have a
>  friend I met in college in 1975. He spent a number of years in Japan
>  as a US military dependant. His comment was that McDonald's moving
>  into Japan was the best thing that ever happened to hamburgers there.

I can't imagine this to be the case.  McDonalds has spent an obscene amount
of money on R&D for everything in their restaurants, right down to a very
special formula for their cooking oil (which is produced, like their
potatoes, by Simplot).  This is why Mickey D's french fries are the yummiest
in the world.  I don't think they would allow their Asian franchisees (if
these are even franchise stores) to meddle with the product.

Man cannot live on bread alone... he must have beer to soak it in.