SC - Saxon Violets

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 29 11:22:12 PST 2000

Lainie wrote:
>Violas and violets are not the same thing- look similar, but not. Violas
>are more closely related to pansies, IIRC.

But violets ARE violas. Pansies and sweet violets are both types of
violae. Pansies, unfortunately lack the violet scent, but are quite
edible. I can buy boxes of mixed flowers in the supermarket.
Pansies/johnnie-jump-ups/good king henrys/heart's ease are in there
along with borage and nasturtiums and some other things that i
forget, to toss into salads or put on desserts or tea sandwiches.

Anahita al-shazhiyya