SC - OT - naming

Angus angus at iamawitch.com
Thu Mar 30 06:07:20 PST 2000

It's the same story in Sweden.  A year or two ago the papers wrote about a couple that wanted their son to have the name 'xzuffthattllker45xxooowqsdehjighyj'.
It's NOT the actual name, I can't recall that one, but it looked somewhat like that but with 56 letters or so.
When the parents were asked how the name was to be pronounced they replied "Fredrik".  They wanted to show that a name doesn't reflect a person's qualities.
It was turned down of course, in the end I think the main arguments were
*The main public has absolutely NO idea how to pronounce it.
*It won't fit onto a standard ID card.

The parents kept fighting for it though but I can't remember if they backed down in the end or just took the fine for not having named their child at the age of 5 (or if it's 7, not sure what the law says).

/Angus MacIomhair