SC - OT - naming

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 31 14:18:05 PST 2000

>God forbid a parent from taking humanity (or the lack thereof) of mankind
>into consideration when naming a child.
>
>Rayne
>(who's brother named his baby girl Daniel (and pronounces it DAN-ELL).  He
>said he did this because in the business world men get their foot in the
>door
>with a resume and he wanted his daughter's resume to "give the presumption"
>she was a male.)

I know a woman whose given names are Daniel Davis (I'll leave her last name
off, it's unimportant).  She goes by Dana, prounounced with short a sounds
not long a and then short a.   She has older sisters, her parents had been
saving the boy's name and finally gave it to her anyway when it seemed a son
would never be there fate.

Bonne
(and my mom went to school with Carol Christmas, none of that girls
graduation materials (cap, gown, notes and cards) arrived because the
company the class was ordering from thought it was a joke.)