SC - Re: [Trimaris] Highnesses, Lownesses, and Period Cooking. (fwd)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Mar 1 08:46:15 PST 2000

Linda Peterson wrote:

>  **Okay then, instead of calling names and such, why not offer some good
> period recipes already redacted and such, so that even a poor cook such as
> myself can follow them. Or come down here and teach a cooking class, or
> submit your recipe/tips to our Kingdom newsletter, etc. **

The redacted recipes are readily available (The _Miscellany_ in even
on-line!)
There is also more info than I could ever imagine getting bored with in
Stefan's Florilegium. And while teaching classes and writing for the
newsletter are good ideas, there is a good chance it has been done.

However, many of the comments I have seen coming back are appear to be
more willfully ignorant than truly lacking in resources. If I offer a
class in underwater basketweaving, and you do not avail yourself of it,
am I then responsible when you complain than you have no info on
underwater basketweaving and tell people that it is too hard/not worth
doing/and you'd rather use Rubbermaid totes?

'Lainie