SC - Gulf Wars Challenge

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 1 13:41:52 PST 2000

While I am not able to travel to the War, I'll gladly provide any support to someone willing to take the gauntlet.  I can provide recipes or suggestions, or even send equipment, spices, sauces in jars to the war via travelling friends.  Please let me know how I can support this effort.

niccolo difrancesco

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> > Gunthar, I would be only too happy to agree to your thrown gauntlet.> Gulf War, however, is a little far for me. How 'bout Pennsic? Could be
> fun getting yer meal from a Canuck! We have such strange customs up
> here!
>
> With much respect - and yes I will abide by your decision
> Micaylah

The main reason I suggested Gulf Wars was that it is close so the
incident will still be fresh in people's minds. This will give the maximum
opportunity for Her Highness to redeem herself.

Plus, I was hoping there would be some sort of get-together anyway.
But it appears that the idea has been recieved with lukewarm results on
both sides of the gauntlet.

Gunthar