SC - Allergies in general

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Thu Mar 2 17:32:47 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/2/2000 5:57:29 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
nannar at isholf.is writes:

<<
 Although a very interesting fact about the Icelandic gene pool has just been
 revealed. A new, large gene study published yesterday very strongly
 indicates that around 50% of the female settlers of Iceland came from the
 British Isles, not Scandinavia.  >>

Why do you think all those young men went a-viking, anyway?
And don't count on a similar study for the men anytime real soon.  It seems
there is a genetic marker they can use to trace gene drift through the
mother, or simply over the generations, but if they have developed one to
trace it through the fathers I am unaware of it.  It is possible it has been
discovered, and I don't know about it.  Perhaps even probable, since I am not
connected to academic circles.

Mordonna the Cook,
SunDragon's Western Reaches
Atenveldt