SC - Garden catalogues/period veggies

Kay Loidolt mmkl at indy.net
Fri Mar 3 15:16:29 PST 2000

> Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 09:59:34 -0500
> From: Richard Keith <keith.78 at osu.edu>
> Subject: SC - Its Garden time/thoughts of seed catalogs dance in my head
> Greetings Good Gentles.
> The crocus are in bloom as I look out upon my barren garden.  The last big snow apparently did in my Swiss chard and Rosemary.
Anyway.  Can some of the gardeners on this list point me in the right
direction  for some more period vegetables, herbs and spices that I can
grow here in mid Ohio (area 5 on the growing map).   I also like lots of
fresh oriental veggies also.
 Thanks
 Lord Frederich

Johan von Metten writes:
 Ahhh, yes!! Die Furstenziet heir gekommst!!!
  For those looking for heirloom or heritage seedstock or plants try
looking in the back of 'Organic Gardening', 'Mother Earth News', or
'Colonial American Homes'.
  'Spring Hill', 'Heritage Seeds' have 'old-fashioned' seeds soemof
which can be documented to having come over on the boat, though of
course that is it!!
 Plimouth Plantation, in MA, and Old Sturbirdge Village have been very
helpful for me in finding breeders of antique birds as well as plants

Happy Diggin'
Johann