SC - Re: Feast Beverages

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sat Mar 4 08:32:53 PST 2000

At 11:08 AM -0500 3/4/00, alysk at ix.netcom.com wrote:
>David/Cariadoc wrote:

>In my local-ish area (Midrealm) sekanjabin is sometimes offered, but the
>tastes of the person who made it can often turn off the folk to whom the
>beverage is served.  Frequently it is so vinegary that it is nearly
>undrinkable.  Sometimes it is far too strong, even though the sweet and
>sour have been balanced.

There are two dimensions here--ratio of vinegar to sugar, and ratio
of both to water. The individual feaster can't do anything about the
former. But if the cook serves both sekanjabin and water, the feaster
can always dilute the sekanjabin down to his taste if it is too
strong.

David Friedman
Professor of Law
Santa Clara University