SC - Cooking Shows WAS: Starter Recipes

margali margali at 99main.com
Mon Mar 6 16:02:44 PST 2000

Then there is always the fun of trying to get somebody to define the
differences between cajun, creole and coonass without being penalized
for non-pc dom at the first mention of the 3d term...
but the 5 am april mornings spent having coffee and beignets at CDM is
heavenly. Though I am still not too sure about the addition of the
orange juice to the menu.
margali

 And I got enough Cayenne pepper and spices
in foods when I worked as a cook at the Waterford #3 Nuclear Power Plant
west
of New Orleans.  I had to learn a whole new language down there:  i.e. I
had
someone order Ham and cheese on Slice.  I looked at them and asked "A
slice
of what?"  Everyone roared.  Seems "Slice" refers to "white bread"...as
in "a
slice of white bread".