SC - Chicory in coffee - OOT

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Mar 7 08:23:02 PST 2000

 and the other was "Camp Coffee" - which was a
> bottled coffee syrup.   As I recall it, "Camp Coffee" was the kind of
> "cheap" item  kept in the back of a kitchen cupboard in the homes of
tea drinkers  so they  could dose it out when coffee loving visitors came
to call.  My  great aunt  always served it to us.  It was not even on the
same par as instant  coffee  granules, but I always thought it tasted
different and quite
> pleasant with  the chickory added.
>
> Elysant

	I had a bottle of this stuff for years, I have no idea where it came
from, but it sat on my shelf looking interesting for a long time.  I
don't think I have it anymore, though.
	Christianna