SC - Eigl's

Ron and Laurene Wells tinyzoo at aracnet.com
Tue Mar 7 19:03:51 PST 2000

>Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 22:33:39 -0800
>From: "James F. Johnson" <seumas at mind.net>
>Subject: Re: SC - Public Consumption [Was Distress in Trimaris]
>
>lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
>
>> Hey, any West Kingdomers or Mists Principalitiers here who'd like to
>> try something along these lines?
>>
>> Hey, wait a minute, Seamus. You're in An Tir, right? And there's the
>> West/An Tir War Fourth of July weekend. I'm planning to be there. Is
>> that a possibility? How about it?
>>
>> Anahita al-shazhiyya
>
>I plan on being there. I will also be up to my neck organizing a martial
>armoury display contest (just happen to be a principality herald, too.).
>I was thinking about my idea for Egil's XXVI at the end of May, since
>I'm supposed to be providing worker treats as well (and from the advice
>of previous 'treaters', period snacks are ignored in favour of Hostess
>Twinkies, sandwich cookies, etc). Maybe I'll offer both this year, and
>see what I can stealth into folks.
>
>Anyone on the list planning on attending Egil's in An Tir?
>
>Seumas

I am HOPING to go to Eigl's this year.  But July 4th is my oldest son's
birthday (yes, really!!) so most of the time that has not worked out for
us.  We went as a day-tripper once, and got drenched and came home.  My
biggest hurdle is that my husband is NOT excited about the SCA like I am.
At this point, about the only reason he would agree to going to a camping
event is if there was some chance that I could make some money there
selling my DK books, and there has been some controversy about how well
recieved the books would be.  SO!!!  I am back to the point of not knowing
if I am going to be able to attend ANY events this summer.  If I can't take
books for whatever reason (not having a pavillion, not being well recieved,
etc.) then most likely our family would not be in attendance.
That is basically what it comes down to for me.  As of yet, he has NEVER
agreed to camp overnight at an event.  We've attended as day-trippers at a
few events, but never camped.

- -Laurene