SC - Re: Period Norse

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Wed Mar 8 01:29:12 PST 2000

/UlfR,

We can get canned lingonberries in the USA, although I don't think I've
had any in years.  It's an expensive brand--the one with the black label
and the picture of the fruit--several types of fruit, including
lingonberries, and possible one of gooseberries.  From Oregon, perhaps?
Do you think that a canned fruit would taste anything like the
"vattlingon" you mention?  Our canned fruit often doesn't taste much like
fresh.

Another possibility, if there is an IKEA store in the town of the lady
who wants to cook them, try their imported foods.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com