SC - What is

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Wed Mar 8 01:29:12 PST 2000

>>Actually, it's "Grains of Paradise" and Cubebs. Both are spices used in
period- both taste rather like our standard black pepper, but each has
its
own specific flavor, with different over and undertones. Beyond that, all
can say, is "They taste kinda like chicken".<<

They probably have different oils or acids.  They don't trigger my pepper
allergy if I eat very little of them.  Anybody have a chemical breakdown
of spices?

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com