SC - Feast Prices

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Mar 8 10:56:52 PST 2000

Hmm.

Feast prices around here include the site fee, and seem to run $7-12.00,
averaging about $10. The off-board price is usually $5. The $7 fee is
usually a potluck with the branch providing a roast turkey (I know, I
know) or roast beef, maybe punch. A served feast runs $10-12. I
generally don't eat at potlucks if I can avoid it as food safety tends
not to be paramount in storage or serving of the dishes, and I _have_
gotten sick in the past.

If you pull out the site costs, the budget for the food is usually
around $5, which most cooks can deal with. Feasts tend not to be
fundraisers. The branches I've lived in/worked with usually have one
large event in the summer (usually a big demo/fair) that raises funds
and keeps them in the black for the rest of the year.

'Lainie