SC - Feast Fees in Ansteorra

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 9 10:11:21 PST 2000

WAS:  SC - Troll booths, fees, and random opinion

Lady Suzanne de la Ferte' scripsit:

>>> In my three years in the SCA (not long, I know) I've only
>>> attended a couple of Ansteorran events where feast was
>>> included in the site fee.  The events I've attended have
>>> all been within a three hour travel distance of Stargate
>>> (Houston). Perhaps that has a bearing on the custom?

Entirely possible; I am in Steppes.  When I contacted the Autocrat about a site-only fee for 12th Night, since none was listed in the ads and I figured I would not be there for the feast due to other obligations, I was told that there is NO SUCH THING IN Ansteorra.  Not just the Barony but the whole Kingdom.  I replied that this seems odd and got a somewhat snooty "well, you haven't been in this Kingdom long, have you, that's the way it's done HERE" reply.

It seemed very odd, but since the other events have with one exception all been camping, I figured that it was the policy for in-hall events to have an all-inclusive fee.  Maybe it's just Steppes that does it this way.  Guess I'll have to travel to other regions in the Kingdom (now that I have a job that lets me stay in town mostly, at least after early May) and see how it's done elsewhere.

                     ---= Morgan