SC - Another Arabic Cookbook

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Mar 9 18:38:10 PST 2000

Aldyth at aol.com wrote:

> While at a research gathering last night, one of the ladies had me look at
> her newest cookbook.  It is Arabic Recipes and History for the Medieval
> Feast.  Written by J. Corbin.  It gives a web page of :
>
> http://celticcat.com/jcorbin/arabicrecipes/index.html
>
> It shows the cover, the recipe titles, and to order send $25 to....
>
> Does anyone have this one?
> It has pumpkins, tomatoes and bell peppers....
>
> Aldyth

Well, not to take away His Grace's fun or anything, but the ingredients
you mention would suggest that its medievalness is perhaps somewhat
flawed. Of course these ingredients could have been added to more modern
versions of medieval dishes that appear to have survived to the present day.

I guess the bottom line is, what does this book try to teach, compared
to what we try to teach?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy