SC - Scotch Eggs

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 10 06:21:27 PST 2000

>Nope. Hedgehogs are lumps of meat with almond slivers stuck in them,
>if I remember right. I think there are messages on them in the
>sotelties-msg file in the FOOD-SWEET-DECORATED section.

Meatloaf, that's what hedgehogs were and still are.  Some are made
spiky with almond slivers.

As far as the scotch eggs go, you can fully hard boil your eggs if you don't
mind the yolk going green when it's baked.  I would do the standard of
bringing the eggs to a boil from cold water and then taking them off the
heat and then shocking them in cold water after 10 minutes instead of the
usual 15.  That should set up the albumen enough that it can be handled
without spraying egg all over the place when opened and still leave a nice
yellow-orange yolk.  I have seen them done with poached eggs as well.

Of course, this method is very unperiod.

Cadoc MacDairi

Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation,
Shire of Abhainn Ciach Ghlaiss

"Let me say Pepsi Generation,
a few lines of misinformation.
Watch your money flow away oh so quick.
To kill yourself properly Coke is it....."

     "White Slavery" -- Type O Negative