SC - Re: 12th C Anglo Norman ravioli

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Fri Mar 10 06:37:20 PST 2000

	Hauviette wrote
	<< Well, I know there's a 12th century Anglo-Norman recipe which is
	>cheese
	 ravioli with shallots.  Quite tasty.  There's also the cuskynoles,
	>but >>
	Would you be so kind as to post the source and possibly the original
	Christina Nevin wrote:
	>The source is:
	>HIEATT, Constance B. & JONES, Robin F.
	>"Two Anglo-Norman Culinary Collections Edited from British Library
	>Manuscripts Additional 32085 and Royal 12.C.xii"
	>Speculum Issue 61/4 1986

	Unless I am mistaken, this source is late thirteenth century, not
12th century.
	David/Cariadoc

Oops, yes, it is (first manuscript = late 13th, second = 1320-40). So has
someone got a 12th century Anglo-Norman cookery collection? I thought these
ones were the earliest?

Al Servizio Vostro, e del Sogno
Lucretzia

Lady Lucrezia-Isabella di Freccia   |  mka Tina Nevin
Thamesreach Shire, The Isles, Drachenwald | London, UK
thorngrove at geocities.com | http://www.geocities.com/~thorngrove
"There is no doubt that great leaders prefer hard drinkers to good
versifiers" - Aretino, 1536

This electronic message contains information from CACI International Inc or
subsidiary companies, which may be confidential, proprietary,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is
intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not
an intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited.  If
you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately
at postmaster at caci.co.uk