SC - Book Inquery

Debbie Dewart darcy at seacove.net
Fri Mar 10 14:02:26 PST 2000

I have in front of me a book I just checked out of the library.  It is
called _Food:  a Culinary History from Antiquity to the Present_ published
by Columbia University Press.
It is part of a series called "European Perspectives".  The editors are
Jean-Louis Flandrin and Massimo Montanari.  According to the book jacket
Flandrin is a Professor Emeritus at the University  Paris VII-Vincennes and
a founder of the international review "Food and Foodways".  Montanari is a
Professor at the University of Bologna specializing in food of the Middle
Ages.

Is anyone familier with this work?  It does not appear to have any actual
recipes in it, but seems to cover everything else from argricultural
economics to kitchen utensiles from different time periods in Europe.

HL Darcy Evaline of Lasgwm
Ansteorra
delurking