SC - Rayne's water buffalo

RichSCA at aol.com RichSCA at aol.com
Mon Mar 13 10:29:20 PST 2000

I've only had the steaks grilled.  I have used the ground-up buffalo in
dishes like spaghetti and meat-loaf and had it as burgers.  My husband liked
it, but I prefer good beef instead.  Now at Pennsic last year I brought some
steaks to give as a gift to the household I was staying with.  They just
grilled them (I think)... anyways I really liked it.  They ordered a lot more
for this upcoming Pennsic.  SInce I am getting more for them, and someone
asked, I have no problem extra for the Cooks List Dinner.

I figure whoever ends up cooking it can make it "light on themselves".  I
just thought that grilling it would allow people to taste it "fairly
original".

Now one problem that I had last year with it was - I left the house in
Arkansas with the buffalo frozen.  It takes us two days to get to Pennsic and
we get there the first Saturday.  It was still frozen when we arrived.  I
kept it on ice, but it still defrosted.  Now it stayed cold, but by the time
the whole Household had arrived we cooked it the first night because I was
concerned about keeping it cold any longer.

Rayne

<<
 Heh, at this point I would ask how would you like it cooked?

 Cadoc