SC - Uses for leftover hamburger

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Mar 14 14:23:42 PST 2000

I wrote:
> > Ok, Molli, you're on.  You can have a pound or two of the meat, as
> long as you promise not to mix it with Lutheran Binder.

Then Adamantius asked:
> Mistress Christianna, did you really think you'd get away with that
> one?Come on, tell.
> Adamantius

To which Molli replied:
> It's my fault, I sent her a private message with a recipe I found on an
SCA
> camp cooking site. Not reading it through I did not catch the infamous
> binder.  I shall do my penance! I promise!
> Molli Rose

Which elicited the response:
I'm an easygoing fellow, as a rule. Tell me what the binder is and I'll
arrange for the scandal to be hushed up ;  ) .
Adamantius

	Ok, my fault, I didn't realize Molli's first message to me was private
and not on the list.  She sent me a recipe from somebody's Camp Cooking
site that involved a hamburger casserole type thing in a crust, involving
ground meat, root vegetables, and cream of mushroom soup.  I replied that
this looked too much like 'Myhrr', which every good Lutheran knows is the
covered dish that the Wise Men (being married to Wise Women) brought with
them to the baby Jesus.  Garrison Keeler tells the story to explain the
importance of Lutheran Binder = Cream of Mushroom Soup, to every
hamburger casserole and covered dish dinner.
	There, now aren't you glad you asked?
	Christianna
	not a Lutheran, but an avid fan of the Prairie Home Companion