SC - what to do with extra egg yolks?

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Mar 14 20:42:17 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/14/00 5:59:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
phlip at morganco.net writes:

<< While the pain perdu is a great idea, Jasmine's Coronation feast is only
 going to be a supper thing- no breakfasts involved, except maybe for the
 cooks, and a couple of hundred eggs are a few more than I want in my
 omelet ;-) >>

Uhhhh...where is it stated in period literature that pain perdu is a
breakfast food? That is a new one for me. Period breakfast food was usually
leftovers from the night before or trenchers from the evening meal soaked in
wine or ale. Documentation please.

Ras