SC - Re: Botulism and honey

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Wed Mar 15 11:26:47 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/15/00 10:57:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ChannonM at aol.com writes:

<<
 People to this day feed their infants honey, and they die. It is still not
 universally accepted that the bacteria in honey is deadly to infants who
 cannot digest it, although it is harmless to adults. My MIL, didn't know
 that, my own mother either, I knew for some odd reason though, read it
 somewhere before having children. Thank goodness.

 And as for the learning experience, thank you too!

 Hauviette >>
    I think the information is getting pretty wide-spread these days,
though--I've heard it for years, from many different sources. But just for
anyone who isn't up on this--it's only *raw* honey that is a problem. Cooked
honey, such as in a cake or cookie, would be fine.

            Ldy Diana