SC - Competition entry

Jeanne Stapleton apiskp at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 14:13:03 PST 2000

- --- RichSCA at aol.com wrote:
> To tell the truth, I do not enter them because I
> feel that my work is just
> not up to the  level that the judges are looking
> for.  Why waste their time?

Because learning isn't a waste of time; and how would
you know that your work isn't up to a certain level
unless you try it?  The big focus of A&S competitions
should not be entering work at a certain level (unless
there are categories like master, journeyman, etc.,
and even then I think you pick your own level in
most),
but everyone learning something.  That means the
judges, too.

Berengaria