SC - verjus

David, Tracy tdavid at Exchange.FULLERTON.EDU
Wed Mar 15 15:43:21 PST 2000

It's an EXCELLENT add to any basting juices you might want to use (the
pomegranate syrup).  I've also run across Rose Syrup in a middle eastern
market....not rose WATER.....Rose SYRUP.  It wasn't too "perfumy" tastin
either.  the taste was very subtle.  I'll look up the manufacturer when I
get home tonight.

Ifanwy

- -----Original Message-----
From: ChannonM at aol.com [mailto:ChannonM at aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2000 2:53 PM
To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
Subject: SC - verjus

I was just at the local middle eastern food store and low and behold- right
there among the raspberry syrup, quince syrup and pomegranate syrup was
Sour grape juice- @ $1.99 for 670 gm ( thats Canadian for $1.25 per 10oz).
Well, I bought it, brought it home and promptly cracked the seal.

Product of Iran- Dashte Morghab Co
Fax 0098 (021)6466431
Ingredients:pasteurized Sour grape juice

Very tart, smell is sweet. The aroma misleads you into thinking it will be a

sweet product. Slightly round at the back of your mouth on the way down, but

still pretty astringent. Amber colour, some sediment in the bottom of the
bottle.
Interesting.

I'm going to use it until I find a better source.

Hauviette