SC - OT - For Our Inverted Friends in Lochac

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 17:50:29 PST 2000

- --- Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> wrote:
> Robin Carroll-Mann wrote:
> >
> > And it came to pass on 16 Mar 00,, that David &
> Sue Carter wrote:
> >
> > >  Was this
> > > mentioned in the same phrase as 'popular
> culture' or 'football, meatpies,
> > > kangaroos and Holden cars' (an advertising
> jingle of the 1970's)
> >
> > Verrrry interesting!  There was a U.S. advertising
> jingle of the same era
> > which went "baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and
> Chevrolet".
>
> I was going to point this out, but had slight server
> problems last
> night. It would be interesting, though, to compare
> jingle tunes (since
> they scan similarly) and advertising agencies. Or
> maybe it's just a
> spoof of an admittedly silly ad campaign.
>
> Adamantius
> --
> Phil & Susan Troy

I was in Australia when these ads came out.  If I
remember correctly, they were exactly alike.  I asked
one of my friends who is an automobile designer about
this and he said that Holden and General Motors had
some sort of business agreement and because of that
the same ads were used, but Ozziefied to make them
more acceptable to Ozzie audiences.

Huette