SC - Re: SCA Dinner & Court Schedules

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Thu Mar 16 21:38:55 PST 2000

>>Not ever having been to Pennsic, please don't hit me when I ask... What
is
great court? Who presides?
Phillipa,

Great Court is all the Kings and Queens of the Known World, sitting in a
row of thrones across the dais.  Retainers such as Kingdom Heralds stand
behind.  Banners hang behind. Much display and panoply!  This is for
making peerages, complete with elaborate processions, etc., and various
important pieces of business.  The Kingdoms take turns.  Each kingdom
arrives in a huge, grand procession.  Everybody wears their most gorgeous
garb, and it's impossible to find a seat!

The normal kingdom business of making AOA's, and higher awards, is done
at each kingdom's private court, i.e., AEthelmearc will do their court on
Tuesday night.

If a peer is to be made at a regular kingdom court, it usually comes
last, so Vika should be able to eat and run, and not completely miss the
dinner.  Sometimes, one is put on vigil at the kingdom court, and made a
peer at Great Court.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com