SC - Babies have taste buds!!!

StellrChef at aol.com StellrChef at aol.com
Fri Mar 17 08:54:16 PST 2000

Babies have more tastebuds that adults?  Hmmmm....  This might explain why children like simpler blander fare.....hypersensitive palates!  Something with more complex flavors must overwhelm their poor little mouths!  I highly recommend introducing new foods whenever you can.  My Mother did that for me and I eat just about anything.....including roasted termites :-)

My husband, on the other hand, had parents that never introduced him to new flavors and he has a very limited menu of things he can eat because his palate was never developed enough to enjoy complex flavors.  No cheese (that's right, I said no cheese.....I can't picture life without cheese), no tomatoes, practically no vegetables.....the list goes on and on.  Poor guy misses out on so much :-(