SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #2013

Jeff Gedney JGedney at dictaphone.com
Fri Mar 17 15:13:05 PST 2000

> If it's any consolation, I've been obsessing about it
> too. I'm sure the local grocery store thinks I'm nuts
> going in for just one more container of eggs. I've
> started to switch cashiers so they don't think I'm
> crazy. Okay, so they don't *learn* that I'm crazy...
Why are you driving yourself crazy finding uses for something you
don't NEED to have as a by product?
Go out to the local Party store or wherever wilton products are sold and buy a
container of Mering powder. use the whites of eggs from the sauces you WANT
to make, and the rest of the whites can come from the powdered form.
All Mering powder IS is dehydrated egg whites!  Same stuff, and reconstitutes
perfectly and whips, and tastes (and chemically) is exactly the same.

You'll use ReaLemon, instead of squeezing 40 lemons won't you? or
frozen orange juice? This is not different in any way from such a shortcut.

A properly reconstituted period ingredient from concetrated form will cook
the same and taste the same as the original. for all intent's and purposes it IS
the same, so why are you avoiding a solution that won't leave you with
152 extra egg yoplks on hand to deal with in the first place?

brandu