SC - pewter casting & multiple feasts

Gwynydd of Culloden Gwynydd_of_Culloden at freemail.com.au
Sat Mar 18 00:24:27 PST 2000

- ------------APFM24431830

At 2000-03-18 09:17:52.031001,
"Laura C. Minnick" (lcm at efn.org) wrote:

>From Gwynydd to the Gathered Cooks,

> If you were cooking for a family dinner or a party with
> your friends and a stranger (or even a next-door neighbor!)
> appeared on your porch wanting to know what you were doing and how
> much would it cost to come eat- what would you think? (I know in
> this neighborhood,
> I'd close the door in a hurry, and call the police. But then I live
> downtown and there's lots of 'transients')

I don't know, here I would be likely to drag them through the door and then figure out if they could be fitted at the table!  (Perhaps I need more brownie point in heaven than most if I want to be admitted? *grin*).

I have to say that I am grateful to Lainie for the comments about the "private feast".  Until I read that, I was horrified - but I just hadn't thought about it in this context.  I have not been to any large gatherings (one day, Rowany and Mardi Gras will both be within my reach!), and I had never seen this happen.  In Ynys Fawr one pays one's site fee and (with perhaps a lunch or tea excluded)that covers all one's meals.

Gwynydd of Culloden - Kingdom of the West

 Send Amazing Cards FREE by e-mail with
 FREE e-Gift and FREE decoration:
 www.mini-card.com/index.asp?referer=fm1
 Get your own free email account at
 http://www.freemail.com.au/ now part of the
 Webuser.com.au independent portal. Visit at…
 http://www.webuser.com.au
- ------------APFM24431830--