SC - Expectations, and EXPECTATIONS, of the list

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Mar 20 18:35:17 PST 2000

Sue Clemenger wrote:

> So, from someone else who's relatively new to the list, what _is_ the "cuskynole
> question?" <grin>
> --Maire

There's a recipe in an early-ish fourteenth-century English source that
details the making of a fruit-and-nut filled pasta-dough package, which
gets boiled and then grilled. Yummy, actually. HG Cariadoc have
submitted different ideas on how the package is folded, and what,
exactly, the accompanying illustration is depicting. We debated over
this for quite a while on more than one occasion, and never really got anywhere.

The funny thing is, though people joke about it as The Thread of Doom
and all, it was considerably more civil than a lot of the less fortunate
stuff the list has seen recently, and in spite of the recoiling in
horror people do whenever I mention it, when I asked people on the list
if they'd had enough of the discussion being posted, and would rather we
took it to private mail, only one person out of the fifteen or twenty
who responded said, "Yes, please, I'm sick of it."

So, since almost everybody on this list is really a secret cuskynole
lover, keep watching for a cusky thread in a mailbox near you, and set
your killfile accordingly, if you feel the need.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com