SC - authentic/not authentic enough WAS: cooking times

RichSCA at aol.com RichSCA at aol.com
Tue Mar 21 05:24:00 PST 2000

Agreed... and it goes both ways.
If you convince me that period food tastes bad (via intimidation, bad cooking
or any other methods) and I believe it, I am one step further away from
authencity.

If you attempt to convince me on playing the game MORE BETTER (via
intimidation, rudeness or any other methods), I am, again, one step further
away from authencity because most people pull against what they are forced to
do.

Which is why I personally feel that newcomers need to be taught (when
possible) by those who have some experience (and positive experience) in the
SCA.  Because it is fighting an up hill battle to change thoughts and
opinions once they are formed. (not saying it can't be done)

IMHO,
Rayne

In a message dated 3/21/00 6:39:33 AM Central Standard Time, troy at asan.com