Welcome back, Gunthar! Was, Re: SC - what to do with extra egg yolks

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Mar 21 08:32:28 PST 2000

Hello there, Gunthar! Welcome back!

We've all been extremely good in your absence, haven't we, folks? Can we
stay up late and watch drivel on television? Please?

"Michael F. Gunter" wrote:

> Start thinking up a solteltie.  If you can slide the yolks into
> simmering
> water and hard cook them, could you do a tower of of them?  Like a
> croquembusch?  Not sure that's spelled right.  Serve with one of the
> sauces P. recommends for eggs.

Ooh! Ooh! You reminded me! The Proper Newe Boke of Cookery has a recipe
mentioned frequently in several earlier texts, menus and such, but the
only actual recipe I've seen for Eggs in Moonshine involves poached egg
yolks (whole) served in a rosewater and sugar syrup. It is, as I say,
probably earlier than the 16th-century English source, but by default it
seems a little off-theme for the rest of the yolky feast.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com