SC - Gulf War A&S

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Mar 22 11:49:35 PST 2000

> I wish I'd have gotten to talk to Gunthar BEFORE the war...he gave me much
> good advice as to improving my documentation.  I'm already planning a
> project for Steppes Warlord.

I just pointed out stuff you already knew. I'm happy to see that you are
continuing to enter projects. A&S competitions may not be my cup of
tea but I fully encourage and assist those who do enter.

> The best part
> of cooking at camp instead of alone at home is there is always someone who
> wonders by and says "that smells good, can I have a bite" and then I get to
> strike up a conversation about how good medieval food can be and debunk all
> those myths about over-spicing, etc.

Woo Hoo! Gwyneth gets the "Food Ambassador Ribbon of the Day"!

> Competion has it's own rewards and learning opportunities, but what I'm
> really anxious to do is another big period feast.

I may be doing Steppes Artisan! Cooking a feast for people who are interested
in authenticity! You're welcome to come along if I get the bid.

> I am also excited about
> a cooking class I plan to teach at Kingdom Warlord and King's College, both
> in June.  I've never done anything formal with teaching a food class
> before.  Any cooks out there planning to make either of these events?

I was thinking of doing a class for King's College but I'll step back and just
attend if there are several cooking classes. I need to learn stuff.

> Gwyneth

Congratulations for getting selected and putting forth a very good and popular
effort. Next War you'll ace it.

Yers,

Gunthar