SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #2034 - wok furnace

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Wed Mar 22 19:22:38 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/20/00 10:31:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

> Indeed it could. BTW, I believe I've mentioned before that I've seen
>  these spiffy wok furnaces that will presumably burn anything that will
>  fit inside (assuming it is combustible). Essentially it is a chimney,
>  with notches on top so that your wok can sit directly on top, but air
>  and perhaps smoke can vent out. It also has openings on the sides near
>  the bottom to let air in, and a big mouth in the side to stick kindling
>  and other fuel in. I've wanted one for years. The last time I saw one
>  was in a Thai grocery store on Mosco Street in NYC's Chinatown.

Your description of this handy item sounds a lot like the Volcano cooker that
I saw recently on the Kamper Kettle site.  They have lotsa nifty pans (HEAVY)
and cook stuff, as well as several books and videos on cooking with Dutch
ovens.(Kamper's Kettle?)  Worth looking for.
Devra the Baker
Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com
devra at aol.com